Kaviar is a compilation of SNVs, indels, and complex variants observed in humans, designed to facilitate testing for the novelty and frequency of observed variants.
Caution: variant novelty need not imply functional or clinical relevance. Conversely, known variants may have unknown functional implications. In some cases, even the reference form may be the detrimental variant.
- Released: January 15, 2016 (ver 160113-Public)
- Kaviar contains 162 million SNV sites (including 25M not in dbSNP) and incorporates data from 35 projects encompassing 77,781 individuals (13.2K whole genome, 64.6K
- Kaviar also contains 51 million short indels and subsitutions from a subset of the data sources.
- Kaviar excludes cancer genomes but includes some data from cell lines and individuals affected by disease.
- Efforts are made to exclude data from related individuals.
Release notes, known issues, and changelog.
Auxiliary info for some data sources.
Note: options in this box are only appropriate if you are not data restricted (e.g. by IRB protocols) to prevent use of web services for analysis.
- Query Kaviar interactively by clicking the Query Kaviar button at left. This is approriate for small to medium size queries.
- Query Kaviar as a web service at
this URL in your code (here is example usage).
- Query Kaviar via its
beacon, as encouraged by the